Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Recycled materials

One day my mom came down with a skirt in her hand and said would you like this.  I thought to myself, what beautiful fabric.  I wouldn't wear it as it was sewn like a potato sack (not flattering at all) and asked if she minded if I cut up.  She bought the fabric in Tubac, Arizona back in the eighties.  It is hand printed and dyed, absolutely fabulous.  The lining is form a trip to Mood Fabrics in NYC.  Wow, what an adventure that was.  I want to go back and with a millionaire.  The trim is just simply quilters tape and inside are a few felt applique flowers for a small surprise when you open it.  I love little things like that.  It always puts a smile on my face.  In all, my goal is to combine vintage, re-purposed and new in a funky fun way.

No comments:

Post a Comment